Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

facebook မွာ ခြင့္မေတာင္းပဲယူထားတဲ့ဆရာမစူဇဲနာလွလွစုိး ဆုယူအခန္းအနားမွာေျပာတဲ့မိန္႔ခြန္းေလးပါ။



Naw Susanna Hla Hla Soe, InterAction Humanitarian Award 2012
Acceptance Speech, May 1, 2012
Good evening.
First of all, I’d like to thank InterAction for hosting this event, AJWS for nominating me for this award, and all other distinguished guests for coming here this evening. I feel deeply humble to accept this award as I could not have done all by myself without dedicated colleagues from my organization, Karen Women Action Group and our partner organizations. It means a lot to us, to all women and all fellow citizens in Burma. I also feel honored and grateful as none of us at KWAG has ever dreamed of receiving something like this for what we do.
My country, Burma/Myanmar has been one of the least developed countries and 80% of population earn less than one US$ per day. The country has been under military rule over 50 years and arm conflict has been 60 years, known as the world’s longest civil war. As you can imagine, my country is in dire need of human, capital and technical help in all kinds of sectors.
We have hope today because the world hasn’t forgotten us. Your State Secretary Mrs. Hillary Clington visited us last year and I have shared my dream with her. Burma should be free in near future. Free from oppression, free from injustice and free from poverty. With the international collaboration, we have just finished the free and fair by-election. Aung San Suu Kyi led NLD to win in a landslide. Of course she is a source of hope for many people of our country and inspire me personally. The Karen ethnic group who is fighting for their identity for 60 years, are now talking with central government on the table for reconciliation. I am happy to be part of that historic event.
The award has inspired me personally and all of us to get more involved in humanitarian work. I truly believe that this award will fuel my voice for unprivileged and voiceless people of Burma. Although I am standing here alone to accept this year Interaction Humanitarian Award, I strongly feel this is a profound recognition for all who are committed to make a difference one step at a time.
Finally, I’d like to dedicate this award to my husband, my hero of the heroes, and my beloved daughter, my parents and family, friends who are supporting me all the way in this long journey, and all children and mothers, husbands and wives whom we serve and all the men and women who have worked with us. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. ႊႊ႔ႊအရမ္း၀မ္းသာပါတယ္။ ဖယ္ဒရယ္ အတြက္လည္းမေမ့နဲ့ေနာ္။ ဘုရားရွင္
    ထာ၀ရေကာင္းၿကီးေပးပါေစ။

    ReplyDelete